Loan programs for students based on state residency.

Students have a few options when looking for funding to attend International Universities for their undergraduate and graduate degree. A few states programs may offer their residents the opportunity to borrow. Listed below are those that may offer funding. Most have certain requirements that have to be met by the student to apply. For instance, the programs may require that the student be a resident of the state and provide a cosigner.

As programs change you are encouraged to contact the agency to review the requirements and that they will make loans to students attending international universities.

State of Residency Name of Program Get Information


Arkansas Student Loan Authority



For US students attending Canadian Universities


Minnesota Office of Higher Education

Universities must apply to participate in the program

New Jersey
Higher Education Student Assistance Authority

Rhode Island
Rhode Island Student Loan Authority


Vermont Student Assistance Corporation

PLEASE NOTE: The information being provided is strictly as a courtesy. When you link to any of the websites provided here, you are leaving this web site. We make no representation as to the completeness or accuracy of information provided at these web sites. Nor is the company liable for any direct or indirect technical or system issues or any consequences arising out of your access to or your use of third-party technologies, web sites, information and programs made available through this web site. When you access one of these web sites, you are leaving our web site and assume total responsibility and risk for your use of the web sites you are linking to.